Dating link swaps Free 1 on 1 sex
The former KCCC-TV studios and transmitting facilities were then sold to a group of broadcasters who applied for a new license, returning channel 40 to the air in 1959 as KVUE, broadcasting from studios near the old California state fairgrounds off Stockton Boulevard.
The station operated for just under five months before also falling silent.
KCCC's first broadcast was the 1953 World Series between the New York Yankees and the Brooklyn Dodgers.
The station became a primary ABC affiliate by 1955, after KCRA-TV (channel 3) and KBET-TV (channel 10, now KXTV) signed on, respectively taking over NBC and CBS full-time; and dropped Du Mont after that network folded in 1956.
In 1963, KVUE attempted to file for a license renewal even though the station had been off the air for more than three years; Camellia City Telecasters, a group headed by Jack Matranga, former owner and co-founder of radio station KGMS (now KTKZ), filed an application with the FCC to build a station on channel 40, as a challenge to the KVUE renewal, and was granted the license in early 1965.
The station is owned by the Tribune Broadcasting subsidiary of the Tribune Media Company.
KTXL maintains studio facilities located on Fruitridge Road on the southern side of Sacramento, and its transmitter is located near Walnut Grove.
KTXL first signed on the air on October 26, 1968, operating as an independent station for nearly the first two decades of its existence. The station gained a huge advantage early on when its original owner won the local syndication rights to a massive number of movies, including classic and contemporary films.
At one point, it had one of the largest film libraries in the Sacramento area.